To stray away from topic, just to put a smile on your face as it does mine, I don’t say it enough but I am so very proud of and love all my many nieces, one of which, if I may have the honor to introduce a very special and beautiful lady, even though it’s been 14 years, she is and will always be an inspiration and guiding light to me, my niece Miss Newfoundland & Labrador 1998-1999 “Paula Kinden” Newfoundland and Labrador are little-known to many people, but their place in history is enormous. This is the area where Europeans first set foot in the Americas, and, a few centuries later, where the British Empire really began. Many think of this region of Canada as remote, but it remains a crossroads of humanity.
Miss Newfoundland and Labrador is Paula Kinden.
On Aug. 12, 1999, Crystal Freake was crowned Miss Teen Canada International, also winning the Teen Talent and Teen Friendship award, on the same night, Paula Kinden was a top 10 finisher in the Miss Canada International competition. Paula Kinden, 25, of Glenwood is Miss Newfoundland and Labrador. She works in a bank in Gander, Newfoundland. She has a degree in banking and is studying for a certification to sell investment funds. She’s with the Isabelle Fry Modeling Agency (one of our favorites). She’s a member of an all-star softball team, likes watching loons on the lake and has traveled all across southern Canada and the northern United States, as far as the West Coast.
- Diploma in Bank & Financing
- Investment Advisor
- Coordinator for a block parent program for 2 consecutive years in conjunction with TD Bank and the Gander detachment of the RCMP.
- Participated in a 24 hour famine relief program to help raise funds for 3rd world countries.
- Took part in the 1992 Ride for Sight which raises money for the CNIB.
- Has worked canvassing for various local Church groups.
- Organized summer events for young children along with other students for my town’s recreation committee.
- Volunteered as secretary for my student council for 2 consecutive years.>/li>
- Has actively taken part in fundraisers for the Glenwood Boaters Association which is a non-profitable organization set up to help.
- educate and enforce the safety of personal floatation devices and safer boating habits.
- Participated in an annual Clean-up Day along with Lakewood Academy to help rid our town of litter.
- Received a diploma for Bank and Financing
- Received a certificate for successfully completing a First Aid course.
- Received a certificate in Credit Training for TD Bank.
- Currently studying through the Institute of Canadian Bankers Association to achieve a license to sell Investment Funds in Canada.
- Participated as an extra in the film “Extraordinary Visitor”
- Model with the Isabelle Fry Model Agency
Sports & Fitness:
- Was a member of my high school track and field team and took part in track meets.
- Was a member of Lakewood Academy’s Girls Softball team and took part in tournaments.
- Participated in many after-school extra curricular sports activities.
- Has attended aerobics classes regularly.
- Currently a member of the Women’s All-star Softball team.
- Enjoys working out in home gym.
Hobbies & Interests:
- Enjoys travelling, especially to different parts of our island.
- Drawing and sketching
- Spending time at the cabin, sitting on the front porch watching the loons on the lake (very relaxing!)
- Enjoy organizing and decorating for special events.
As Miss Newfoundland & Labrador:
PAULA KINDEN from Glenwood is 25 years old and has been working at the TD Bank in Gander since receiving a diploma for Bank and Financing. She is currently studying through the Institute of Canadian Bankers Association to achieve a license to sell Investment Funds in Canada. Paula was crowned Miss Newfoundland & Labrador 1998-999 in September at the Trinity Conception Fall Fair in Harbour Grace and has been travelling the province attending numerous functions, festivals and events. She enjoys children, volunteer work, gardening and modelling. Paula participated in the Trinity Conception/Placentia Health Foundation Telethon, has visited hospitals and senior citizens homes, appeared in two NTV public service announcements, attended the Hospitality Newfoundland and Labrador Conference and the Miss Teen Newfoundland & Labrador Pageant. Paula represented Newfoundland in the 2000 Miss Canada International Pageant in Toronto where she placed in the top 10.
Find Paula online here or on facebook.