One of my Neighborhood Bullies……………….
“Those who can Do, Those who can’t, BULLY”
Workplace bullying is a serious issue
It’s an issue that I don’t think gets enough attention, considering how big of a problem it is.
I was really shocked and surprised when I learned at how often bullying in the workplace takes place.
A recent survey by the Workplace Bullying Institute shed some important light on this issue.
Let’s look at some of the more interesting numbers from the survey:
- 27% of Americans have suffered abusive conduct at work
- 21% have witnessed bullying
- 56% of the time it was from the top-down (more on this later)
- Hispanics and African american workers experience more of the bullying
- Most employers either deny or discount the bullying
- 38% of co workers did nothing (although I don’t blame them)
These numbers are incredible.
The 2 numbers that really stick out at me, are the fact that 56%…
View original post 432 more words