The results are in…had my conference call with HR at 10 am which didn’t last very long, but regardless, waiting now for the finding’s of the investigation and direction’s moving forward which I requested in writing.
Also as of yesterday I received full payment from WSIB by way of a draft closing the file.
As the end of the day draws near and my journey of Kindness which started Jan 16, 2016, the day of the workplace accident I have not received any information from the WSIB in almost three weeks since filing, only one phone call from the adjudicator which was on Jan 28, 2016 advising me the claim seemed all in order. On Jan 26, 2016 I decided to call the WSIB to enquire as to the status of my claim, now 10 days later I didn’t even know if there was a claim established or not, I was advised at that time I had to file a form 6, I was also given my claim number during that call. Below information is taken from the OWA website how to file a WSIB claim.
What is WSIB e-filing?
If your employer filed an Employer’s Report of Injury/Disease (Form 7) and the WSIB has assigned a claim number to your accident, the WSIB will send you a letter asking you to file a Form 6. You may complete and file an electronic Form 6 (eForm 6) on the WSIB website. You must print the electronic Form 6 before filing it as you are required to give a copy to your employer.
Your employer must provide you with a copy of the Form 7 that they sent to the WSIB.
You should receive a letter from the WSIB providing you with a claim number. A claim number does not mean that your claim has been approved. It only means that the WSIB knows about your claim and has started a file. You should refer to the claim number every time you contact the WSIB about your claim.
If you do not receive a claim number, it may mean that the WSIB does not know about your claim. You should contact the WSIB right away to check. The WSIB will tell you how to establish a claim if you do not have a claim number.
I called the WSIB call centre today to request a status update but the call centre agent that I was speaking with would not give me any information as to the status of my claim.
My employer was also suppose to forward me a copy of the form 7 they filed with the WSIB but have not done so to date, I was required to send my employer a copy of the form 6 which I did the same day it was filed with the WSIB.
Anna from easyhome HR contacted me today by way of email to request more information on the details of what I experienced at work since starting my employment Oct 23, 2014 which I forwarded to her via email today which I have listed below.
I believe that even though I was told verbally by the adjudicator that my WSIB claim was approved on Jan 28, 2016, after 17 days I have not received any information regarding my claim since it was filed or if one even exist.
My Doctor returned me to work on Feb 1, 2016 but my employer refused for me to come back to work if my health and safety was in question. I received a letter by email requesting I stay off work with pay, while they investigate my allegations, staying off work was not my wish, I SHOULD BE WORKING NOW, not sitting at home. My next scheduled pay-day is Feb 12, 2016 lets see if I actually get paid for one week!
A Sample of what I endured at Work
- Putting razor blades in with the screws and nuts which I used my hands to sort through and almost sliced my finger but only got a paper cut, after this incident I used a screwdriver or pen to search through them, which I also brought to the Manager’s attention.
- Making sofa’s, love seats and other unit’s dirty after I steam cleaned them, then degrading my work as poor.
- Totally defacing a Stainless steel refrigerator and stove by way of scratching it up with a sharp object after I cleaned it, then blaming me.
- Carts and dollies used for moving heavy furniture not available for weeks (disappeared and then reappeared).
- Company Tools (screwdriver’s, wrenches etc) used for assembly went missing, I had to get my own tools from my car to finish the task.
- Being yelled at by manager’s, name calling and threats etc .
- Being lied to constantly regarding work duties, withholding important information to complete assigned tasks.
- Thief of personal items from my brief case (phone chargers and documents), drinks and other items from the staff refrigerator such as my lunches went missing, I stopped bring lunch.
- Being pushed when carrying heavy furniture causing me to fall.
- loading furniture on the truck after which we were told the customer cancelled, so we had to unload it back into the store which happened frequently.
- Being locked out of the store in the morning when arriving for work, other staff would look and wave and just go about their business leaving me out in the cold, so I would go back to my car and wait for them to decide to let me in.
These incidents happened almost everyday and much more frequently, then others which occurred at least two to three times a week. There are more I can list but these are the ones that had the most impact on me due to there frequency, also I filed a complaint with the HRTO on Jan 27, 2016 and still nothing from them either.
I am going to wait until tomorrow to see if I get any results and or answers, if not I have already started a complaint to the Ontario Ministry of Labour, I will also start contacting federal MP’s.
To think that all I requested was a transfer, a non- monetary request away from Ottawa stores because all staff have made it very obvious that they didn’t like me and want me there, considering it’s my job and until the company changes that, I will fight for my rights.
Why then in November 2015 did you transfer two employees, one from each store I had worked to other stores which only pissed everyone else off.
I can suggest a very easy way to fix this problem and my first thought would be to honour the transfer and there will be no need to continue these proceeding and everyone will be satisfied, better known in the courts as “MEDIATION” where there is no winner and no loser, everybody wins, I am still waiting for an answer to my question, an answer you are refusing to give, Why can’t I get a transfer to a safer work environment?
Article by Terry.K ~ Posted Feb 4, 2016