Win cash prizes and provincial and national recognition!
Use your creativity to develop an original video that can be used in social media to illustrate the importance of working safely on the job. This year there is an optional theme: Start the Conversation!
Students can create a video showcasing:
- How to communicate with peers – at school, at work, or any other setting – about the importance of working safely on the job,
- A message to peers to raise awareness about workplace safety, or
- Any other health and safety messages students wish to convey.
The top Ontario video will be entered in the national contest to compete against secondary school winners from across the country. This year, the first place national winning video will be announced and shown at the North American Occupational Safety and Health (NAOSH) Week Launch ceremony on May 7, 2017.
Contestants can submit videos until the contest closes on March 3, 2017, at 11:59 p.m., Eastern Daylight Saving Time.
Who can enter?
The contest is open to current Ontario secondary school students only. Please note that employees of provincial or federal workers’ compensation boards, provincial and federal ministries and departments of labour, the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) and their immediate family members are not eligible.
How do I enter the contest?
- Download the Contest Entry Form [PDF/306 Kb] from our website, and fill in all of the required information.
- Upload your video to Vimeo and specify the location (URL) on the entry form. Memberships to Vimeo are free.
- After the form has been completed and signed, send it to us. See the section titled Submitting your entry to find details on where to submit your entry form and video.
Authorized Affiliates of The New B.P
Save $5 on a Lesson Planet Membership! Click through on the image to the left and the discount will be automatically applied at check out – discount valid until Dec 31, 2016